Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My building almost burned down


So, the other day I'm just heading out of my house when I smell smoke. I look into my bathroom and HOLY SHIT SMOKE IS BILLOWING OUT OF MY WASHING MACHINE. The I open up the machine... and a fire breaks out inside! Holy crap! So I panic, and grab a giant pot from the kitchen, fill it with water, and toss the water at the fire but WHOOPS... the pot is metal, and i get ELECTROCUTED. But at least it put the fire out. Then, I turn off the power to the apartment. I calm down... it's OK... I take a picture for the blog. But then it gets really scary... the washing machine drum starts to ROTATE despite the power being cut off. So I'm freaked out cos it's like a washing machine from the exorcist... I pull the plug on it, and finally, all is silent. The apartment smells like burning evil. And had I left the apartment just a minute before, my building would not still be standing.

The machine's repaired now but I'm scared to use it =(

6 Comments:

Anonymous Val said...

hahahhah BURNING EVIL... hahahhaa

9/29/2006 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Kayt said...

You know what this means? You are about to be descended upon by pseudo-hot men in brown leather pants who will tell you that this is a portent of the Apocalypse.

9/30/2006 6:21 PM  
Anonymous Lulu said...

hey moza, when can i come visit, you look like you're having fun, brown man BO aside (read: jay). looks like kayt's having her gay man fantasies again. love you.

10/01/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Irene and I almost burned down our apartment for the summer, though it wasn't nearly as exciting as your story...we just left a pot on boiling on the stove and went out to a movie, came back to find our door unlocked, some smoke damage, curtains torn down...evidently the fire department had been there and prevented a true fire from occurring. The apartment smelled like smoke for the rest of the summer.

Keep on living and blogging in egypt :)

12/30/2006 4:52 AM  
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

Post something

3/18/2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger That Guy said...

hahaha

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU...THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YUO!!"

a similar thing happened to me once, i forgot to connect the water thing to the washing machine and the fire broke out inside and the handle wouldn't open. i actually watched my socks and boxers burn to death. sniff...

12/06/2007 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home